April Favorites.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

It's been a long time since I've done a favorites post, so I thought it was time to hop back on this wagon!

April was a really good month, with a baby shower and my birthday to make it nice and busy! We've also had a couple of nice, warm days that have me dreaming of summer.

Looking forward to:

May is going to be a crazy, crazy month. I have every weekend filled with something to do, which isn't always necessarily fun, but I'll get through it! My boyfriend is graduating college, and so I have all the activities for that to go to, and I'm also running a 5K, going to a yoga festival, and hopefully heading up to my lakehouse for some relaxation. Also, the first day of the month is my dad's birthday! (Happy birthday, dad!)

Wearing: 

I've been buying way too much makeup lately, but I've bought some really awesome things.

The first is the Chocolate Bon-Bon palette from Too Faced. I love Too Faced; their eyeshadows smell like cocoa and the little eyeshadows are all in heart shapes. So. Cute. If you're looking for a neutral palette, with a couple of more 'fun' shades, this palette would work for you. I'm always a little hesitant to buy more expensive palettes (this one is $49), but you will notice that the price tag makes a difference, especially if you're used to drugstore eyeshadows.

The second makeup item is actually several items...but it all came in one box so I'm counting it. Every so often, Sephora releases 'Favorites' sets. They can be anything from nude lipsticks to perfumes, and their most recent one is called 'Bronze Bares All,' just in time for summer. I'm such a sucker for these sets, because you usually get 5-8 products for a not-too-bad price. You do get deluxe size sample products for the most part, with a few full-size ones thrown in. I like it because I get to try out a bunch of products, without shelling out the money for the full-size options. If you pay attention to the make-up world, you'll know that Becca highlighters are everyone's jam right now. Once I saw that you got a sample of it in this box, I said goodbye to my money.

Reading:

I don't know why, but I haven't been reading too much this month. I did finish the Red Rising Trilogy, which I know is three books, but I usually read much more.

Anyway, the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown tells the story of a boy named Darrow. Darrow is a Red, which in the world of Red Rising, basically means that he's the lowest of the low. The world operates on a color-based caste system. Golds are at the top, reds are at the bottom, with a lot of colors in between. Each color has its assigned job, with Reds being miners, and Golds usually being fighters. There are also Blues (pilots) and Pinks (who are basically prostitutes). The trilogy goes through Darrow's journey of *spoiler* becoming a Gold. He meets up with some rebels who genetically change his body into a Gold, and he goes into their society and tries to bring it down from the inside. I won't tell you what happens, but it is a really good series that I knocked out in about a week. Not only is the writing good, but I always like when the secondary characters are interesting and important, and Brown really weaves their stories into the plot.

Watching: 


My boyfriend and I are slowly making our way through 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' season 2, and I like it so far. I never got super into the show, but it does make me laugh.

I also finished season 5 of Bob's Burgers, which went on Netflix this month. I think this show is so underrated, and people shoot it down because it's animated. But, seriously, it's so funny, and the show's humor is so progressive and just intelligent.

That's it for me this month, guys!

P.S. I stole the format style of this post from Nicole. She's lovely, go read her blog.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram