Top books of 2015!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I think most people who know me know that I read a crap ton. I think I've read about 150 books this year, and people always ask me for recommendations so I thought I would give my top 5 books of 2015 (so far!) Hopefully you will find something good for read, and it will be fun for me to narrow down my favorite books. :)

1. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

This book is the fourth in a series, but I always recommend this series to anyone who asks. The first book is called "Throne of Glass" and if you like fantasy, you need to read this book. While I think the series is considered YA, it really does have more adult themes. There's romance for those who want it, but it doesn't overpower the plot at all. I also like the fact that the protagonist is a woman who isn't stuck in a love triangle (which happens in a lot of YA books). It is a longer read, but there are so many twists and turns and mysteries in this series; and it's just really good. Probably my favorite unfinished series at the moment.

2. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

I got this book in my monthly OwlCrate box (a book subscription service) and I'm really happy I did. The book is about Willowdean, a self-proclaimed fat girl, and a beauty pageant she enters. There's a lot more to it then that, but the book is about love and acceptance. I feel like this is really current right now, since there are so many self-love campaigns, and this book goes right along with that. It's also hilarious; and again the romance in the novel doesn't overpower the plot, which is a must for me. I also love books where the protagonist and a female best friend are actually friends and don't just sit around and talk about boys, and you definitely get that with this novel. This is a stand-alone book, and a pretty quick read, so I recommend it!

3. Big Little Lies by Liana Moriarty

While this wasn't a new release for 2015, it was so talked about last summer that I had to check it out. The book is also about how the little lies we tell can actually cause some major damage. The book tells the perspective from a few different characters, and you really feel immersed into the lives of the women telling their stories. It's got lots of plot twists; and while the writing isn't the best, the characters make up for it. If you like mysteries, check this one out.

4. The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

Another fantasy series; and actually one that I think is similar to Queen of Shadows. This is the second book in the series and a movie is rumored to be coming out with Emma Watson as the star. You might have seen some interviews with this author (I think there was one with Buzzfeed) about how her main character is not meant to be pretty or beautiful. This shocked some people I guess, because the character is still able to find romance and power. There's still a lot of mystery in this series, and if you don't mind waiting for the next books to come out, I'd recommend checking it out now.

5. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

Last, but not least! This book honestly might be my favorite this year. I immediately made my mom read it, and whenever I make her read a book, that means I like it a lot. While the romance in the book was annoying at times, I'm a huge sucker for history in books. This novel is all about alternate universes and traveling within them. Without giving any spoilers, part of the book takes place in a Romanov-like Russia, where the Romanovs were never taken out of power. I absolutely loved the history and the twists in this book, and I can't wait for the next one to come out next year.

I could probably give lots more books, but I hope this gives you a few ideas on what book to pick up next!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram