Thankful (and books).

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Well, this is becoming a bit of a book blog, but I'm okay with that. There's a book blogger group called Top 5 Wednesday, where you can write or vlog about different prompt that the group gives. I thought this week's prompt was especially great, because it's the week of Thanksgiving.

I absolutely love this time of year, and I think Thanksgiving is such an important day. While it shouldn't the only day we reflect on what we are thankful for, I think it's still important to have a day on which to do that.

This year, I'm thankful for my friends and family for being endlessly loving and supporting. And also I'm thankful for books.

Top 5 Books I'm Thankful For: 

1. Harry Potter. This list wouldn't be complete without these books! Harry Potter was basically what made me love books and reading. That's really all I can say, because I love these books so much.

2. To Kill A Mockingbird. I recently read the "sequel" of this, and I was so disappointed. I didn't read this book until college, and I still loved it so much. Despite the crappy sequel, it's such a fun, sweet book that teaches great lessons.

3. Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps. This is a book I use as reference all the time. It has advice for basically every situation you can think of. And it's funny, not preachy at all.

4. I Am the Messenger. This book is by the same author who wrote The Book Thief, but I think I actually like this book more. It's about a guy who is kind of just floating through life and he learns how the smallest thing can change someone's life. It's so sweet, and heart-breaking and heart-warming at the same time.

5. Landline. To be honest, I forgot about this book until I checked my Goodreads favorites. I've read all of Rainbow Rowell's books, and all are so good. You get wrapped up so easily in the plot, and the characters are so well-written as well.

What are you thankful for this year? Or what are you reading? :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram