October Books.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Since I read so many books, it's sometimes easier to just combine most of them in one collective post. :D

Some are worth mentioning, some not, but here's a list of the sixteen books I read in October.

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
Mindwalker by A.J. Steiger
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes
The Devouring by Simon Holt
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty 
The Falconer by Elizabeth May
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Replica by Lauren Oliver 
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

Now this was a month where I had a more than usual amount of free time due to job circumstances and such. I'm pretty impressed with myself, ha!

My favorite reads this month were probably Crooked Kingdom, Empire of Storms and The Husband's Secret. I really enjoy Liane Moriarty's writing and a mystery novel was perfect for the month of October.

A lot of these books were also relatively new releases including: Crooked Kingdom, Empire of Storms, Replica, The Thousandth Floor and The Forgetting. While Crooked Kingdom and Empire of Storms were continuations in two different series that I really like, I think Replica was probably the most interesting book I read.

Replica was about two girls; Gemma and Lyra, and each girl had their own part of the book. Lyra's part started at the back of the book, and Gemma started from the front. You would flip the book upside down to read Lyra and then flip it again to read Gemma. The concept of the book was all about clones or Replicas, as they prefer to be called. Lyra has only known life in an institution where other replicas are made and die. Gemma has a connection with this facility through her father's business and some family secrets. It was a really good read, and I recommend it!

Another large part of my reads this month were all based around a "spooky" theme. Something Strange and Deadly, A Monster Calls and The Devouring were all about monsters and creepy things. I have to say The Devouring probably creeped me out the most, which was interesting, because it was probably the closest to middle grade reading if anything. But the concept and the monster were pretty scary.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll hear me talk more about these books at some point, but that was a brief overview of my October books!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram