Reading My Way Through the NYT Bestsellers List

Sunday, March 05, 2017

As someone who reads quite a bit, sometimes I run out of books that I actually want to read. Usually, I solve this by watching Booktuber videos or searching through Goodreads, but a few months ago, I got the idea to read my way through the NYT Bestsellers List...specifically the Young Adult Best Seller List, since my heart lies in YA Fiction.

I do sometimes peek at the regular ol' Fiction Best Seller List and if something catches my eye, I'll read that too. I don't discriminate with my books.

I wanted to write about this, because I think it's always good to broaden your horizons with reading, and pick up books that you otherwise might not read.

Of course, there are some books on the Bestsellers list that I would have already planned to read, but there are also sequels, new standalones, new series, and I've also read some just plain horrible books too.

It's just one way that I've tried to find more books that I like. I know some people have some complaints about the way the Bestsellers list works, so I don't just rely on it for my book recommendations, but it kind of kicks my butt into gear when I fall behind on my reading.

Most recently, I've picked up the beginnings of two series, which I had never heard of before seeing them on the list. Maybe I would have eventually come across them on Goodreads months later, but I like staying on top of what's trending in the book world. :)

I'm not sure how many books I've read doing this, but I would estimate about 30 to 40, since sometimes the list doesn't introduce new books, or they have books I've already read.

How do you look for book recommendations? I'm always so curious to find out what people are reading, so let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram