Something to look forward to.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I think a huge contributor to happiness is having things to look forward to. I find that when the day in, day out routine of life takes over, things just get a little dull.

I think this started for me when I was younger, and my mom would always plan things for us or our family to do, and she would get excited about them, and then so would I. Even now, I was in a little bit of a slump after vacation, because I had looked forward to it for so long.

I think looking forward to things is so important because it makes daily life more exciting. If you're having a bad day or moment, you can just think...well six months from now I'll be doing this, or I get to hang out with so and so this weekend.

One of my favorite times of year is fall, and I think there's so many things that are exciting about fall. My family always goes to a pumpkin patch or two, haunted houses and lots of hikes. Even knowing that cozying up by the fire will soon be an option gets me excited.

Since I talked about my sister a lot in this post,
here she is! Also this was taken at a pumpkin
farm so it's double relevant.
I've done a 5k at least once a year for the past few years, and I was sad that I didn't get to do one this year, until I found The Great Pumpkin Run. I texted my sister, who agreed to do it with me, and now we're doing that in a few weeks! (Still need to register, though...). As soon as I texted my sister, I found myself in a better mood, and I was already planning out the day in my head.

I think we need moments and plans like that. Getting stuck in a rut, and feeling listless can be one of the hardest things in life.

Hopefully my suggestions above made you a little excited about life, especially since fall is so soon! I may have just been at Bath and Body works today and picked up a fall candle...mmm pumpkin cinnamon. :) Let me know some of the things you're excited about, or if you want more suggestions!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram