August Favorites.

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Ahhh! It's already September, and in my mind, that means summer is pretty much over. I haven't been posting a crazy amount this month, mostly because I've been trying to soak up the last bits of summer that I could.

I've been watching, reading and trying some new things this month, so here are my August favorites!

Naked 3

I took the plunge and spent the 50+ dollars at Ulta and bought the Naked 3 palette. I haven't quite decided if it was worth it, but the colors are very, very pretty. I also have the Naked Basics palette (the littler one) and I really like that, so I'm hoping I'll like this one more. I feel like the colors might look better in winter, when I'm a little paler, but I'm having fun trying them out. I've been trying to spend a little more on makeup, as long as I know it's quality and will last me a long time. I'm okay with spending more money, as long as the products are great.

Princess Diaries

As most people who know me know, I read a lot of books. I think I've read about 130 or so this year, and last year I read over 200. For some reason, this month, I've been rereading the Princess Diaries series. If you were in middle school the time I was, that is, the middle 2000s, there is no way you didn't read this series. Everyone knows the movie with Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway, but the books are so great.

Also, the author is coming out with a new 'more adult' sequel to the series, and I can't wait. I loved Mia when I was 11 and 12, and I still love her a decade later. Definitely recommend this series to anyone, especially those in middle school or early high school.

Meditation

As you saw in a previous post, I really like yoga. :) So, after reading a couple articles online and looking at apps on my phone, I've been trying meditation. I usually pick a couple of apps at the same time, since a lot of them only offer 7 or 8 days free, and then you have to pay. Right now, I'm using this app called Headspace, which gives a 10 day trial for free, and I'm really liking it!

I think it's definitely important to set some time aside for meditation, because so many of us are constantly on the go, and our brains are always working unless we're asleep. Meditation gives you the time to just let your brain do what it wants to do.


Orange is the New Black Season 3

I know, I know...I'm a little behind on the times. In my defense, I have watched the first two seasons of the show as they came out, I'm just behind on my shows this summer! Anyway, I'm episode five or six, I believe; and I'm really liking it. I like how each episode has focused on a different back story...and also I like seeing less of Piper.

I liked her in the first season, but now I think the other characters are just so much more interesting. I definitely recommend this show, but know that it's definitely for adults!

Anyway, those are my favorites! I'm looking forward to doing lots of fun, fall things in the next few months; so look out for those! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram