Traffic signs of life.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

My friend (thanks Jade!) gave me a writing prompt journal for Christmas, and I stumbled upon a really interesting prompt.

What traffic signal best reflects your life right now?

I think this is such a cool way to think about life. For me, my mind immediately jumped to a green light. I have so many options in my life right now, and while that's a little intimidating, I am glad the light is green!

I also think it's important to recognize that sometimes the light may be yellow, and sometimes you might be sitting at a stop sign.

Life changes. Fast. It might seem scary to zoom into the intersection and fly through the green light, but it's just a part of life.

Even when you are sitting at a red light, it's important to know that the light could change to green at any time. I know so many people, myself included, that get so down when life doesn't seem to be going their way, but it's so important to remember that that could change.

The light may be yellow; and maybe that means you have some important decisions to make before things can slow down and stop or go back to full speed ahead. I just think it's a really cool analogy for life and how goals and aspirations can change.

Where is your traffic signal at right now? I feel like for most people my age it's probably at the green, like mine, but I would like to know what you think and why you may have a yellow or red light.

:)

Andrea

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram