Owlcrate Review: September Box

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Soooo if you're a fan of subscription boxes and also books, you've probably heard of Owlcrate by now.

Basically, it's a monthly subscription boxes that will deliver a new YA book and some bookish goodies to you every. single. month. Oh, and each month also has a theme, and this month's was 'darkness.'

First up, let's talk about this book. The last few months Owlcrate has been sending out signed bookplates for each book, which is absolutely amazing. You also get a letter from the author to make it extra personal. Now, I'm a huge fan of fantasy, and I've read lots of 'dark fantasy' which was this month's theme. So I'm hoping that I enjoy "Three Dark Crowns" by Kendare Blake.

What I've gotten from the summary is that the book is about three sisters who have some type of magical powers and are also cursed to fight each other for the crown. I really don't know much more than that, but that description was enough to entice me.


My next favorite goodie was the Fortune Telling Bomb, which you toss in the bath and the bath bomb will dissolve and show a yes or no answer inside. So basically, it's like a magic eight ball. I haven't tried this one yet, but I love baths and bath bombs, so I'm thinking I will like it.

My last favorite in this box was a candle! Now that it's fall and getting chillier, I love to have a candle lit in my room. The candle is called Celaena's Cake and is based off of the 'Throne of Glass' series. I love that series, and am constantly recommending it to people and I also love cake, so this was another perfect gift for me.

The box also had a bookmark and a canvas pouch with a quote from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on it. This box was definitely one of the better boxes from Owlcrate, which is saying something, because I've never had a box from them I didn't like.

Next month's theme is 'Once Upon A Dream' and I'm hoping I love it just as much as I love this box.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram