December beginnings.

Friday, December 02, 2016

It's December! (How...) I cannot believe that 2016 has one month left and then it's on to 2017. I always like December, although I'm not a fan of the short days and less time with the sun! But December means Christmas and fun, wintry things, and I do love that.


What I'm Doing: In recent jobs news, I got a job! I won't say any more than that right now, because it really is very recent news! I'm hoping I enjoy it though! :) 

I've also been trying to keep up with my Christmas shopping since I have lots of little kids to buy for. I think I'm about halfway and it's only December 2nd, so I'm feeling confident.

I'm also excited to get together with my friends to do our annual Secret Santa exchange, to hang out with Nicole and exchange gifts and also to hold a 'Friendsmas' and just catch up with all my friends during the holiday madness.

I'm really glad I've already set aside time this month to hang out with my friends, because I know December can get crazy.

It's also my two-year anniversary with my boyfriend this month so of course, we are exchanging gifts for that and also treating ourselves to a massage! I can't wait! :D


Reading:
The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen came out at the end of November, and I'm so excited to finish up this series. The Queen of the Tearling series is a must-read for any fantasy fan, and it's really well-written. The character are not your typical YA characters and it's a great series!

I'm also excited to start Heartless by Marissa Meyer. I got it in the November Owlcrate, and the book tells the story of the Queen of Hearts. It gives more background into her childhood and how she became a villain, and I love stories like that.

I think those are the two books I'm really looking forward to this month, although I'm always reading more. ;)

Watching:
I have gotten to season 2 of Gilmore Girls! It's a slow show for me, as I just can't get that into it. I'm definitely more interested in it now, and I will continue, but I'm not a huge fan like some people I know.

Next, I really would like to watch Veep. Nicole and I are watching it at the same time, and I think December would be a good time to start...I need some positive political show in this crappy political reality.


I hope you all enjoy your December and have a great holiday season! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram