Review: December Owlcrate.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

This month's theme was 'Epic' and included items from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia. While I love fantasy and fantasy series, this wasn't my favorite box. I don't like always getting small items that I can't do anything with. So that was a bit of a bummer...but here was everything in the box!

The first item, and one that will actually be useful to me, was Game of Thrones coasters. I have no coasters in my room, which usually means my books end up as holders for my drinks. (Oops!) So I was happy to get these. There's four of them, and they have the different Game of Thrones house sigils on them.

There was also a Harry Potter mini mystery funko pop! I love Harry Potter, and I'm never able to find the mini mystery ones anywhere, so I was glad to get this. I got Hagrid, which is perfect, because I also have a mini Fang. :)

Now onto the reason why this wasn't my favorite box. The other items were: the monthly Owlcrate pin (they create a little pin every month for subscribers to collect), another Lord of the Rings pin, a blank Chronicles of Narnia greeting card, and a sticker with a quote from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. Now I like all of these series and books, but it's a lot of little things that I can't really do much with. I've got the growing pin collection thanks to Owlcrate, but I don't really wear pins.

I also don't know what to do with the blank card, especially because it will probably end up getting thrown out if I send it to someone. So with these thoughts in mind and the fact that next month's theme is "classic remix" (which doesn't appeal to me too much, I've read so many retellings lately), I've skipped my renewal for January's Owlcrate.

This doesn't mean I'm done with Owlcrate! I still think they're a great subscription box, but since I was a little disappointed this month and next month doesn't sound amazing to me, I'll probably just get my next box in February.

Did you get this month's Owlcrate? What did you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram