January Beginnings.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Every New Year's Day, my family has the tradition of going to the zoo. Whether it's snowing or freezing, or we luck out and get a semi-nice winter day, we have gone every year since I was a baby. When I was a teenager, I didn't really appreciate this. It meant getting up early after New Year's Eve and spending the day in the cold. Now, the past few years, I've started to appreciate it more and more. I like starting the first day of the year spending time with my family and breathing in the brisk winter air. I always come home feeling a little bit accomplished, like, "I didn't spend the whole day hungover in bed, I actually did something with my day." 

I wanted to start this post with telling what I actually did start my January. I hope all of you were snuggled warm in your beds, or maybe a few of you were like me, and went out to the zoo. ;)


Doing:

I really want to to go on a small vacation next month, so I'm hoping to start planning that. But, I'm still excited! I like to travel, and I'm always up for trying new things. Speaking of new things, I really want to make 2017 a year where I try lots of new stuff. Whether that be a new food, a new exercise, a new show, whatever. I'm going to try and make it my goal to try something new each month, whatever it may be. I don't have anything planned for January yet, so let me know if you think of something. :)


Watching: 

I continue to struggle along with Gilmore Girls, although I do like it a lot better now that I'm further into the show. Besides that, I'm not really watching a lot. I do want to watch a couple movies this month, because I feel like I didn't watch anything in 2016, and there's a lot of movies I want to see now! Also, Broad City is coming back soon, and if you don't watch that, you need to, like right now.


Reading:
I'm still making my way through The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen, and I'm going to be so sad when I'm done. It's the last book in the series, and I've really enjoyed them. Up next will probably be the Hamilton book I got for Christmas. I'm a huge Hamilton fan (and I can finally say I'm seeing it this year!!!) and so I'm excited to start it. Also on the agenda are catching up on my Owlcrate books (oops!).

And that's how January is looking right now for me...I'm excited to see what the new year will have to offer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram